Below are some forms and links that will help you during the season.
All adult coaches must be certified. Certificaiton website:
Day Setup and Tear Down
Please remember that our access to the
gyms is directly related to how we take care of the gyms and the equipment. Please remind the fans that food and drink
(other than water) is not allowed in the gyms. Please be sure to quickly cleanup any spills that may occur.
Ensure that all equipment is stored neatly in the storage closets and treated with respect. I have no problem donating equipment
of our choosing but I do not want to be forced to buy equipment that is mistreated or lost by the league. Safety is
our number one concern, which requires that the poles, nets, pads, tables, scoreboard, and chairs be maintained and cared
The custodians are there to help with
access to the storage closets and general cleanup but that does not mean that they are responsible for storing any equipment,
chairs, etc. Equipment should NEVER be left in an unsecured area. If the storage closets are locked at the end
of the day, the coach is responsible for finding the custodian to obtain access to the closets. Please make sure that
the equipment and the gyms are treated properly so we may continue to enjoy the use of the facilities. I have included
some reminders for setup and tear down below.
Reminders for Setup:
- Both teams scheduled to play the first game are responsible for setup.
- Obtain access to the storage closets for the poles, nets, scoreboard controller,
standards, referee stand, & padding. In the Middle School, the storage closets are on either end of Auxiliary Gym. In
the High School Auxiliary Gym, the storage closet is across from Boys Bathroom.
- Move net posts and nets used for practice into an area away from the fans
and the court.
- Verify that the custodian has raised the basketball hoops, expanded the
bleachers, unlocked access doors and opened the bathrooms.
- Assemble Match equipment - Poles, nets, & standards. Place pads
around the poles. (Do not lay poles on floor or drag items since they may damage the floor. This is an Adults Only task)
- Place the Referee platform on the side of the court nearest the bleachers.
Place pads around platform.
- Setup Scoring table and place scoreboard controller on table then plug
into the outlets. If extra pads are available, cover front and legs of table.
- Setup 12 Chairs for each team and 3 chairs for the scoring table.
- Remind the referee that outside the red paint is out of bounds. This
is a safety rule so players do not run into the bleachers or walls.
Reminders for Tear Down:
- Both teams who played in the last game are responsible for setup.
- Obtain access to the storage closets. In the Middle School, the storage
closets are on either end of Auxiliary Gym. In the High School Auxiliary Gym, the storage closet is across from Boys Bathroom.
- Store the chairs: In the Middle School - stack and store in areas
between the Main & Auxiliary Gyms. At the High School Auxiliary Gym – fold and store the chairs on cart in
- Gently Unplug the Score Board Controller and place in storage case.
Verify with Custodian where it is stored.
- Dismantle the Poles, Net, Standards & Pads.
Fold the Referee Platform and roll to storage closet. (High School platform does not fold)
- Neatly place the Poles, Net, Standards, Pads and Referee Platform in storage
closet. Usually in corner so Poles are leaning and stable.
- Close & verify that the Storage closet is locked.
- Perform a last sweep of Gym area to pick up water bottles and garbage and
place in appropriate bins.
- Collect any personal items and send an e-mail regarding Lost & Found
- Verify with the Custodian that the gym is in proper condition before leaving.
- Verify that no Players are left without
supervision (both inside and outside the gym).
- Insure that all doors are closed when leaving.
Thanks for your assistance in this area.